Exceptionally wearable, definitely comfortable, and even reversible—the Utopia Reversible Skirt. Made with Blue Sky Fiber’s fabulous Woolstok wool, this skirt knits up beautifully and quite quickly. This project does require a provisional cast on to create the waistband and picks up stitches to create the bottom hem. If you’re a beginner and these are new techniques, I’ve created a video tutorial on my website (kraftling.ca) to assist.
Woolstok by Blue Sky Fibers.
• 150 g skeins in MC (Midnight Sea) - 2/2/2/3/3/3/3/4 skeins
• one 50 g skeins in each CC1 (Spun Gold), CC2 (Earth Ivy), CC3 (Spring Ice), CC4 (Highland Fleece), and CC5 (Red Rock).
• 3.75 mm 24” circular (or size required to obtain gauge)
• 4.5 mm 24” circular (or size required to obtain gauge)
• 22 sts in 4” with 3.75 mm needle
• 20 sts = 4” with 4.25 mm needle
• Choose size by waist measurement: 26/29/33/36/40/43/47/51” (to sit at natural waist)
• To accommodate hip size of 36/39/43/46/50/53/57/61”
• Length - 17.5/17.75/18/18.25/18.5/18.75/19/19.25/19.5”
OTHER MATERIALS REQUIRED
• 4 mm crochet hook + waste yarn for provisional cast on
• stitch marker
• 1 piece of 2” elastic in a similar color to MC (length of waist measurement + 2”)
• needle and thread to sew elastic