Most of you are probably already aware of this gorgeous design (The Georgia Dress from By Hand London), and you may have noticed, I added sleeves to my version!
This is a fabulous dress with great bone structure!
I added 1" to the torso length, and another inch to the bottom edge to make this knee length with a 2" hem. The given hem is a scant 1" total according to the directions which is too narrow for me when working with a straight skirt like this.
Because I prefer full linings, I cut an entire dress out of bemberg rayon, added sleeves to the design, and to avoid bra strap issues, I added a pair of bra cups between the dress and lining layers as well as a grosgrain stay. I think I would have added the bra cups to the original design as well - a bra (strapless or otherwise) would be hard to find to fit under the minimal front bodice pieces.
I am positive that I will be making another one of these up in the near future. And I would highly recommend this as a great basic. I am so glad I finally got around to trying out a By Hand London design - can't wait to see what they come up with next!
And as always, more pictures and info may be found on my blog, Lilacs & Lace.